Son’s Scream Wakes Mom, SHOCKED At What She Saw Hanging Off His Face
One of a parent’s worst fears is hearing the screams of their child and feeling powerless, especially in the middle of the night. When one mother from Australia awoke to the sound of her son’s blood-curdling screams, she immediately ran to his room to help. However, when she opened the door, nothing could have prepared her for what she was about to see and the shock of what she saw hanging off her son’s face.
Tamara and her son, Tyler, went to bed, assuming that nothing out of the ordinary would happen before they saw each other the next day. However, while Tyler was sleeping on the top bunk of his bunk bed, something decided to join him, turning his sweet dreams into an absolute nightmare.
A large python, reportedly 10 feet long, had slithered its way into Tyler’s bed. What’s worse, the serpent then attempted to have the boy for a snack. The snake bit the boy’s hand and bit his face several times before the mother heard her son’s screams and came running in the room. But, their frightening ordeal had only just begun.
Once his mother entered Tyler’s room, she was shocked to see the python had wrapped around her son’s belly with its mouth clasped onto her son. Doing as any parent would, she immediately stepped in to try to help free her child from the creature’s sharp fangs and deadly coil.
“I tried to pull Tyler from the bed but he didn’t come with me … I had to roll him, then pull,” Tamara recalled, describing the frightening ordeal, according to SMH. “I saw his face and the blood and his eyes were still closed, so I don’t think he was fully awake.”
Although it’s unknown how severe the boy’s snake bites were, his mother took him to Macksville District Hospital, where he was treated and sent home. “Tyler doesn’t remember anything — which is the best part,” Tamara explained.
The family posted a photo on the Internet after her cousin Brady was able to come and kill the pest, and the image is enough to send chills down anyone’s spine. As can be clearly seen in the photo, the snake was enormous, as it was being held above the man’s head and draped on the ground at his feet.
It should be noted that this particular snake was not a family pet, but rather, it made its way into their home. Although this story took place in Australia, that’s not the only place where this type of thing can occur. In fact, thanks to irresponsible pet owners in the U.S. who have released large pythons into the wild, this could happen right here at home. Pythons, in particular, have become a problem here in the states, where they have been classified as an “invasive species” since the 1980s in Florida.
As Mad World News reported, “The fascination with exotic pets only seems to be intensifying in the United States, with people acquiring animals which were never meant to be domesticated. In these cases, caring for the animal can become entirely unmanageable, and many times, owners give up and release their pet into the wild. When they are released into the ‘wild’ in the U.S., serious problems can be caused to the ecosystem and the community.”
One Green Planet explains, “The exotic pet epidemic in the United States is overwhelming,” adding, “There have been hundreds of tragic and often fatal incidents between owners and their exotic pets. Whether these animals reside in homes or in backyard menageries, the dream of owning a wild animal and raising it is short lived for many.”
The nature website continues also notes, “On average, Burmese Pythons found in Florida reach between 6-9 feet long – understandably larger than what your average pet caretaker might like. Yet, this does not deter misinformed consumers from purchasing these exotic animals as pets.”
It’s truly terrifying to imagine a snake slithering into your bed, let alone your child’s bed, and deciding to have a snack. It’s even worse to think something like this can happen because someone decided to house an animal that they clearly weren’t prepared to keep as a pet. Regardless of the exotic pet debate, I think it’s safe to say that we will all be checking under the bed before we go to sleep tonight.